- Meet the 27-Year-Old CEO Building a Nearly $1 Billion Fashion Company Zilingo Pte’s path to becoming a fashion platform with a valuation approaching $1 billion began in December 2014 when Ankiti Bose, then an analyst at Sequoia India, chatted with a neighbor at a house party in the Indian tech capital Bengaluru.
- Four months later they had quit their jobs, and each had put in their $30,000 in savings to found Zilingo, an online platform that allows small merchants in Southeast Asia to build scale.
- On Tuesday, the Singapore-based company said it raised $226 million from investors including Sequoia Capital and Temasek Holdings Pte.
- The latest financing valued Zilingo at $970 million, according to people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the information is private.
- Of the 239 venture capital-backed startups around the world worth at least $1 billion, only 23 have a female founder, according to data from Pitchbook in May last year.
Meet the 27-Year-Old CEO Building a Nearly $1 Billion Fashion Company
12 Feb 2019 10:10 AM GMT